Research Master in Physical Chemistry, Materials and Catalysis
The Physical Chemistry, Materials and Catalysis (Chime-Physique, Matériaux et Catalyse CPMC) master participates in the training of specialists in the various fields of materials, nanomaterials, polymers, catalysis, as well as industrial and environmental applications of those materials;
It also allows the introduction of some problems in the fields of materials, chemistry of surface and interface, pharmacy, cosmetics, paints and coatings and hydraulic binders as well as problems related to catalysis and processes.
Students will also learn to understand the different areas of energy transfer and their applications in the field of catalysis, environment and an overview of the oils industry, the biomass sector and the major challenges of the future. As well as the structural properties of catalysts surface, and the different correlations between the physical and chemical properties and the catalytic properties.
Applicant seeking admission to the CPMC master’s program should have a high range of academic study skills. As research master students should demonstrate their capacity in critical thinking and reflection. Students should also have the capacity of producing academic work (researching, referencing, …).
Recruitment: Applications are reviewed by an admission committee. The best candidates are selected after interview
Physical Chemistry, Solid State Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, Surface and Interface, Statistical Thermodynamics
Further Studies / Career Opportunities
- To proceed doctoral studies in the fields of physical chemistry of materials, biomaterials, catalysis and biomass.
- Training of experts in the various fields of materials, nanomaterials, polymers, catalysts, as well as industrial and environmental applications of these materials.
- Experts in the fields of chemistry of surface and interface, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals, paints and coatings and hydraulic binders;
- Experts in the fields of catalysis and processes. And the application of catalysis in environment and in energy related to the biomass;
- Opportunity to other disciplines such as the oil industry, the biomass sector, refining and their evolution towards the environmental side.
- Participation in the scientific knowledge and expertise coupled with the industrial application within the Lebanese University;
Selected Teachers in Physical Chemistry, Materials and Catalysis