This course aims to introduce the basics and the science of remote sensing and its applications in a broad sense in the long term.
Physical basis of remote sensing
- Electromagnetic radiation.
- Atmospheric phenomena.
- Concept of spectral signature
Knowledge of space systems of Earth Observation
- Space platforms.
- Attitude control and geometric implications.
- Helpful tool (optic and radar) : function of sensors.
Elaboration and characteristics of the products
- Geometry of images.
- Elaboration of digital iconocartes.
Applications of Remote Sensing
- Overview of applications.
- Examples of achievements.
- Operational constraints
Some systems of Earth Observation
- Systems with high resolution.
- System of wide field.
Applications of remote sensing in mapping and Earth Sciences
- Mapping the land occupancy.
- Vegetation index
- Modeling of crop growth.
- Calculation of dimensions (orbitography, sensors).
- Interpretation of images.
BIOD 407: LAB Remote Sensing
Introduction to basic operations of image processing in remote sensing using ERDAS Imagine software and its various modules.
- Introduction to digital image processing
- Panorama: pretreatment of scene analysis.
- Sampling and radiometric coding.
- Colored composition.
- Concept of inverse problem.
- Multi-scale analysis.
- Manipulation of digital images on a PC.
- PC assisted Photo-interpretation
- Use a professional software (ERDAS IMAGINE)
- Mapping of Soil occupancy
- Change Detection
- Temporal monitoring of natural phenomena.