This course aims to introduce the basics and the science of remote sensing and its applications in a broad sense in the long term
Physical basis of remote sensing
- Electromagnetic radiation.
- Atmospheric phenomena.
- Concept of spectral signature
Knowledge of space systems of Earth Observation
- Space platforms.
- Attitude control and geometric implications.
- Helpful tool (optic and radar) : function of sensors.
Elaboration and characteristics of the products
- Geometry of images.
- Elaboration of digital iconocartes.
Applications of Remote Sensing
- Overview of applications.
- Examples of achievements.
- Operational constraints
Some systems of Earth Observation
- Systems with high resolution.
- System of wide field.
Applications of remote sensing in mapping and Earth Sciences
- Mapping the land occupancy.
- Vegetation index
- Modeling of crop growth.
- Calculation of dimensions (orbitography, sensors).
- Interpretation of images.